THINGS I LIKE
- when people use my name in conversation
- when people say “this reminded me of you!”
- when people remember little things i say/do
- when people genuinely thank me for things i’ve done for them
- when i think of the same thing at the same time as someone else and you give each other the look
The stars must think us mad! Because, we who were created in the image of the Creator, feel so alone. Do we not know that a star has never felt the warmth of another star? Yet, they continue to shine because they long to bring glory to God. All of creation looks at us, and they see how loved we are by the Creator, and they must wonder “Why do these souls feel so alone, when they have Him who is everything?”
Let us never forget that Christ came down in the form of man, because He chose to love us above all, because we were the ones who God made in His image, and said “They are very good.” and now that Christ died for us, God looks at us and calls us “beloved.”
Everyday and night, together we will grow. Makin’ the most of a life as we hold each other close. As we grow old, may it be told that we never lost our flame.
If love’s a fire, then our desire is to burn untamed.